- Preveza is close to the seaward entrance of the Amvrakikos Gulf in western Greece, facing the Ionian Sea.
- Preveza road co-ordinates: Latitude: 38 55 8N / Longitude: 20 42 8E
- Official Restrictions:
- Maximum safety draft: 9.40m.
- No Air Draft restrictions.
- The port has two piers:
- West Pier: Length 110m and draft up to 5.80m.
- South Pier: Length 250m and draft up to 10m.
- Facilities: one port crane of 45t capacity with 16m range, private mobile hydraulic cranes with various lifting capacities and 5 forklifts.
All the years that Preveza port is operating, it has been a milestone for the industrial / financial development of Preveza and of course Epirus in general. Only the last 20years have been discharged over five million tones of cargoes (including bulk cargoes for animal feed or pipes for construction works, marble, timber etc.), over three hundred fifty thousand tones per year.